Hawaiian Purple Sweet Potato is sold at Costco stores in Hawaii. A 3 lbs bag is $6.99.
These potatoes are deliciously sweet and popular in Hawaii. Keep reading for nutrition information, cooking instructions, and more.
Nutrition Facts for Hawaiian Sweet Potatoes
Cooking Purple Sweet Potatoes
I like to steam these sweet potatoes. Cut each potato into 3 or 4 pieces. Steam them for approximately 15 minutes. The skins will peel right off.
The packaging suggests baking, boiling, microwaving or turning them into French fries.
Notes for Hawaiian Sweet Potatoes
- Hawaiian Purple Sweet Potato is a delicious addition to any meal. Commonly eaten with Hawaiian food, they also make a healthy snack.
- Some people like to turn them into a sweet potato mash.
- Easy to cook and keep well in the refrigerator for several days.
- They taste great warm or cold.
- Bought this 3 lb bag at a Costco on O’ahu. It was $6.99.