My family just celebrated my father’s 81st birthday. He requested a chocolate cake from Costco. (What can I say, my whole family loves Costco!) Admittedly, the Costco Chocolate Mousse Cake (featured here) was not the cake he was requesting for his special day. He actually wanted the tall, round chocolate cakes that usually have birthday decorations on them.
So here’s the story…his birthday fell on Easter and when I went the day before Easter to pick up the cake, our local Costco was wiped out of cakes. Literally, empty cake refrigerators! No guava cakes, no mini carrot cakes, no chocolate birthday cakes…nothing! Well almost nothing…after circling the baked goods section, I spotted 2 Tuxedo Chocolate Mousse Cakes left! They also happened to be on sale, so this is what my dad got for his birthday.
Would you believe that he had been at Costco that same afternoon, and saw the wiped out cake refrigerators, too. He knew he wasn’t getting his first choice, but I have to say that this turned out to be pretty delicious runner up.
Keep reading for ingredients, pricing information, and more details!
Costco Tuxedo Chocolate Mousse Cake Ingredients
See below for a picture of the ingredients listed on the price sticker.
Kirkland Signature Chocolate Mousse Cake Price
As you can see from the picture below, the regular price of the Costco Tuxedo Cake is $16.99. It happened to be on sale and was $3 off when I bought it, so it was $13.99 on this occasion. (Added bonus since this wasn’t the cake of my dad’s birthday dreams. lol!)
Shopping Information and Notes
- So how was the taste? It was delicious! There was a light chocolate mousse and layer of cream, sandwiched between layers of chocolate cake. It was topped with a layer of chocolate which was decorated beautifully with swirling designs, and there were 3 rolled chocolate decorations evenly placed on top. I would say the presentation was equally as impressive as the taste.
- Would I get it again? Sure! It was a great value for an impressive dessert.
- If you’re hosting a group of 10-15 adults, this would be a great choice. Slices don’t have to be huge to satisfy a sweet tooth. Our group had 10 adults, and we had leftovers.
- Find it in the refrigerated cake section of Costco. Regular price is $16.99, but you might be lucky and get it on sale!
- Looking for more desserts available at Costco, check out these popular posts: White Rabbit Ice Cream Bar at Costco or Easy Acai Bowl from Costco.
- For other great Costco products, visit https://www.costco.com